Title: Research & Data Specialist
Reports To: Research & Data Analysis Manager
Salary Range: $55,000-$70,000 dependent on experience, with opportunities for advancement
To Apply: Complete application at our hiring site
About United 4 Children
United 4 Children (U4C) makes children a priority. By providing children with healthy meals, creating safe places to learn and play, and providing social-emotional and inclusive services for children with special needs or challenging behaviors – United 4 Children ensures every child has the foundation to thrive. U4C offers high-quality support programs serving children up to 13 so that families can feel at ease knowing their children, regardless of ability, are receiving the best care possible and have every opportunity to succeed.
United 4 Children’s Values
At United 4 Children, it is expected that we center our common values in the work that we do individually and together. We hold each other accountable to live out these values in our work and celebrate with each other as we demonstrate the following:
- Community – We put the needs and desires of children, families, and caregivers at the center of our work. We partner with educators and fellow nonprofit organizations to create excellent educational and developmental opportunities for every child in the region.
- Trust – For over 50 years, we have been honest and earnest in all our interactions. We strive to readily meet community needs particularly where other resources do not exist.
- Equity – We seek to understand the disparities facing children, families, and childcare providers. We ensure everyone has access to the resources needed to thrive.
- Empathy – We strive to understand the unique experiences of every person we encounter. We respect each person’s journey and seek to support everyone’s specific needs.
The Research Specialist will ensure United 4 Children’s (U4C) overall success by effectively and efficiently supporting the Research and Data Analysis Manager across all agency programs. This position is responsible for ensuring the integrity of data collected, analyzed, and reported regarding agency deliverables and outcomes. A successful candidate will have knowledge of data systems and best practices in handling all duties related to research and data analysis while providing support to all agency employees related to data collection, analysis, and reporting tasks. This position will have an active role in developing data systems related to deliverables, including technological recommendations and integration within and across data systems. Experience operating database systems and pulling reports is a benefit.
What You Will Do:
Research and Data Analysis (80%)
- Assist in maintaining the agency database, including integration among and across data systems, data entry, and data compilation.
- Pull data reports according to agency and program needs as some reports are pulled weekly while others are pulled monthly.
- Complete monthly data review and compilation for reporting purposes.
- Provide support to U4C staff and managers negotiating the database system.
- Monitor best practice reporting benchmarks across all programs to create consistent program outcomes.
- Develop training sessions to build agency staff’s skills and capacity to implement documentation best practices for accurate program reporting based on analysis of program data.
- Attend meetings with internal teams to review program data and identify strengths and opportunities for data collection improvement.
- Provide technical support to staff as needed regarding data entry and reporting in a timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinate follow-up with managers regarding staff data records and reports.
- Conduct file checks on data entries as requested.
- Assist in completing required agency reporting on time and accurately.
- Assist in updating and maintaining agency dashboard.
- Assist with coordination of funding deliverable plans.
- Actively participate in required meetings and personal professional development.
- Effectively work cross departmentally to best meet the needs of the children and providers served.
- Conduct designated research tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist with data analysis to inform leadership on best practices for program research and evaluation to assess the effectiveness of program strategies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Other Responsibilities (20%)
- Provide support to other departments and teams.
- Coordinate other duties assigned with the Research and Data Analysis Manager.
- Actively participate in required meetings and in personal professional development.
- Participate in the development of agency materials, such as marketing materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills We Are Looking For
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Child Psychology, Social Work, Instructional/Educational Leadership, Program Evaluation, or a closely related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years working with data analysis (graduate work may be substituted for 1 year).
- Pass a Family Care and Safety Registry Screening.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Ability to retain a minimum of liability vehicle insurance.
- Experience and skill working with diverse populations.
- Successful implementation of trauma-informed strategies.
- Conscientious use of justice, equity, and inclusion lens when working with self and others.
- Successful at working in multiple teams simultaneously.
- Ability to work some weekends and nights.
- Ability to travel throughout the state
Perks and Benefits
- Health insurance: employer contribution of 80%
- Portion of dental insurance covered
- Employer paid 401 (K) contribution: 3% of gross salary
- Employer paid Basic Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance with a coverage of $50,000
- PTO (PAID TIME OFF): starting at 20 days (about 4 weeks) annually
- Paid holidays: 13 days (about 2 weeks)
- Annual merit-based incentives
- Monthly phone stipend
- Mileage reimbursement at .655 per mile
- Flexible Schedule
- Hybrid work environment
- Employee Assistance Program
- Ask about our other benefits
United 4 Children is an equal opportunity employer. United 4 children does not discriminate in employment with regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation (including transgender status, gender identity or expression), sexual stereotyping, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), association with anyone who is a member of a protected class, AIDS/HIV status, veteran status, uniformed servicemember status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all qualified persons. Those applicants requiring accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should contact a management representative.