Title: Office Manager
Reports To: Operations and Wellbeing Director
Salary Range: $50,000-$60,000 dependent on experience
To Apply: Complete application at our hiring site.
About United 4 Children
United 4 Children (U4C) makes children a priority. By providing children with healthy meals, creating safe places to learn and play, and providing social-emotional and inclusive services for children with special needs or challenging behaviors – United 4 Children ensures every child has the foundation to thrive. U4C offers high-quality support programs serving children up to 13 so that families can feel at ease knowing their children, regardless of ability, are receiving the best care possible and have every opportunity to succeed.
United 4 Children’s Values
At United 4 Children, it is expected that we center our common values in the work that we do individually and together. We hold each other accountable to live out these values in our work and celebrate with each other as we demonstrate the following:
- Community – We put the needs and desires of children, families, and caregivers at the center of our work. We partner with educators and fellow nonprofit organizations to create excellent educational and developmental opportunities for every child in the region.
- Trust – For over 50 years, we have been honest and earnest in all our interactions. We strive to readily meet community needs particularly where other resources do not exist.
- Equity – We seek to understand the disparities facing children, families, and childcare providers. We ensure everyone has access to the resources needed to thrive.
- Empathy – We strive to understand the unique experiences of every person we encounter. We respect each person’s journey and seek to support everyone’s specific needs.
The Office Manager will organize, coordinate, and implement administration duties, including day-to-day financial functions, agency technology, effective office procedures, and the daily running of a smooth office environment. As a member of the Operations team, you will support our full agency’s team experience by embedding a values-based culture; building trust with funders, clients and the community through ensuring that the agency is compliant with all administrative requirements and ensuring effective interconnection between departments. This position will primarily be completed in our office space in St. Louis, MO.
What You Will Do:
Organize, Coordinate, and Implement Administration Duties (70%)
• Serve as point person for office management including; maintenance, mailing, agency supply and equipment ordering, errands, and shopping
• Serve as primary contact to building owners to maintain thorough communication for building policies and procedures, repairs, general upkeep, citizenship needs and liaise with facility management vendors, including cleaning, security services
• Provide general support to visitors and callers
• Plan, implement, and maintain office organization and beautification.
• Manage inventory to keep the office stocked with office supplies, equipment, coffee and snacks.
• Ensure agency-wide compliance of office operations and procedures
• Maintain business records and documents for the agency including supporting the agency compliance calendar
• Assist with applying for and renewing business-related certifications
• Coordinate with IT Company on all agency-wide equipment, phone and technological needs
• Serve as Microsoft Sharepoint’s primary administrator and maintain employee home page content
• Complete agency deposits
• Serve as main purchaser for the agency, entering all invoices, uploading receipts, expense reports, and bill entry
• Schedule travel for colleagues using company credit card, completing expense reports and uploading receipts to the appropriate projects
• Serve as main liaison for funder billing and account receivables ensuring that all account receivables are invoiced and received on time
• Conduct follow-up on account receivable questions from funders/grantors
• Prepare forms and applications for clients and vendors which can include registration and sending Form W-9s, as requested.
Human Resources and Team Member Wellbeing (30%)
• Assist in the hiring and onboarding of new team members
• Maintain accurate and clean personnel files and records
• Maintain all internal employee handbooks and manuals, i.e. employee handbook, standard operation procedures, onboarding manuals, etc.
• Coordinate outsourced HR company support with applicants and current employees and communicate human resources processes and deadlines to internal teams
• Implement organization-wide employee wellbeing initiatives
• Organize staff meetings, including scheduling, sending reminders, and organizing menus when necessary, plan team parties, celebrations
Skills We Are Looking For :
- Associates Degree in business or related field or equivalent knowledge and work experience is preferred.
- Proven experience of 5 or more years’ in office management including financial and human resources responsibilities
- Excellent organization skills, strong project management skills, ability to balance competing priorities, and manage multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- A detail-oriented self-starter who is solution oriented
- Ability to meet challenges head on with confidence
- Critically think, problem-solve, troubleshoot, and recognize when a situation needs to be escalated.
- Should be professional, discrete, and able to maintain confidentiality.
- Proficiency with technology including databases, Office 365, Microsoft Office products, QuickBooks, and more
- Familiarity with Outlook email and scheduling tools
- Hands on experience with office equipment (e.g. phones, laptops, fax machines and printers)
- Pass a Family Care and Safety Registry Screening.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Ability to retain a minimum of liability vehicle insurance.
- Experience and skill working with diverse populations.
- Conscientious use of justice, equity, and inclusion lens when working with self and others.
- Successful at working in multiple teams simultaneously.
- Ability to work occasional weekends and nights.
Perks and Benefits
- Health insurance: employer contribution of 80%
- Portion of dental insurance covered
- Employer paid 401 (K) contribution: 3% of gross salary
- Employer paid Basic Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance with a coverage of $50,000
- PTO (PAID TIME OFF): starting at 20 days (about 4 weeks) annually
- Paid holidays: 13 days (about 2 weeks)
- Annual merit-based incentives
- Monthly phone stipend
- Mileage reimbursement at .655 per mile
- Flexible Schedule
- Hybrid work environment
- Employee Assistance Program
- Ask about our other benefits
United 4 Children is an equal opportunity employer. United 4 children does not discriminate in employment with regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation (including transgender status, gender identity or expression), sexual stereotyping, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), association with anyone who is a member of a protected class, AIDS/HIV status, veteran status, uniformed servicemember status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all qualified persons. Those applicants requiring accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should contact a management representative.