The likelihood of a child to experiment with crime, drugs and alcohol increases 50% during the peak hours of 3-6 p.m. More than 25% of school-age children are on their own after school. Road to Quality’s goal is to grow high-quality afterschool programming that improves each child’s educational experience in a holistic manner. It is designed to keep youth in school, safe and engaged. Regular participation in high-quality afterschool programs is linked to reduced behavioral challenges, significant gains in academic achievement and improved work habits.
Our R2Q program includes:
- Increased staff knowledge of youth development and skills around behavioral and emotional health
- Conflict resolution skills for youth
- Program quality improvement
- Improved teacher – youth interaction
Our yearlong service model includes:
- Afterschool Professional Cohort
- One on One Coaching
- Quality Improvements Grants
For additional information regarding the R2Q program contact.
Director of Career Development & Road to Quality
314-531-1412 ext. 49