United 4 Children is working in partnership with the Mid-America Regional Council (MARC) based in Kansas City, Missouri to share the Pre-K Observation Form (P-KOF) with St. Louis area early childhood providers. The P-KOF is an important tool for centers to use internally to assess Kindergarten readiness. This is a unique opportunity to collect Kindergarten readiness data across multiple sites in the St. Louis area to get a better picture of kindergarten readiness for St. Louis area students. The training and tool itself will be offered at no cost to study participants. Learn more about this study here.
United 4 Children and MARC held an information session about this project on July 20. You can view the video from that information session below:
To view the slides from the information session’s presentation, click here: PKOF Information Session Overview
Are you interested in participating?
To be eligible, early childhood programs must:
- Be located in St. Louis City or St. Louis County
- Provide pre-K (children ages 3-5)
- Agree to have teachers and administrators attend a 1.5 hour virtual training in August 2021
- Conduct the P-KOF pre-test in October 2021
- Conduct the P-KOF post-test in May 2022
- Sign a data agreement to share student data with the Mid-America Regional Council
Any eligible childcare programs interested in participating should submit a one-page response to Bridgit Gale via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5 p.m. August 1, 2021.
Responses must include:
- Statement of interest – why is your organization interested in participating?
- Key Organization Information
- Legal name
- Name and title of the primary point of contact for this RFP
- Grade levels/ages currently served
- Total number of pre-K students served
- Overview of student demographics
If you are in the greater St. Louis area, please contact Bridgit Gale, assistant program officer at United 4 Children: 314.531.1412 ext. 131 or email@example.com.
If you are not in the greater St. Louis area and are interestd in participating, please contact Jovanna Rohs, director of early learning at Mid-America Regional Council: 816.701.8222 or firstname.lastname@example.org.