Title: Inclusion Specialist Central Region
Reports To: Inclusion Manager
Salary Range: $40,000-$55,000 dependent on experience, with opportunities for advancement
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About United 4 Children
United 4 Children (U4C) makes children a priority. By providing children with healthy meals, creating safe places to learn and play, and providing social-emotional and inclusive services for children with special needs or challenging behaviors – United 4 Children ensures every child has the foundation to thrive. U4C offers high-quality support programs serving children up to 13 so that families can feel at ease knowing their children, regardless of ability, are receiving the best care possible and have every opportunity to succeed.
United 4 Children’s Values
At United 4 Children, it is expected that we center our common values in the work that we do individually and together. We hold each other accountable to live out these values in our work and celebrate with each other as we demonstrate the following:
- Community – We put the needs and desires of children, families, and caregivers at the center of our work. We partner with schools and fellow nonprofit organizations to create excellent educational and developmental opportunities for every child in the region.
- Trust – For the last 50 years, we have been honest and earnest in all our interactions. We strive to readily meet community needs particularly where other resources do not exist.
- Equity – We seek to understand the disparities facing children, families, and childcare providers. We ensure everyone has access to the resources needed to thrive.
- Empathy – We strive to understand the unique experiences of every person we encounter. We respect each person’s journey and seek to support everyone’s specific needs.
What You Will Do
- Complete developmental screenings on identified children and perform follow-up activities for children displaying elevated need, i.e., creating action plans, observations, and providing materials
- Build educators’ skills and capacity to implement recommended strategies for children with all needs in their classrooms through observations, in the moment skills coaching, providing necessary materials, and more
- Conduct meetings with families of identified children with disabilities, challenging behaviors, or advanced skills to provide individualized resources, strategies and/or referrals for further evaluation
- Complete required agency reportingon time and accurately
- Actively participate in required meetingsand personal professional development
- Effectively work cross departmentally to best meet the needs of the children and providers served
- Other duties as assigned
Skills We Are Looking For
- A minimum of a BS in Early Childhood, Early Childhood Special Education, Child Development, Elementary Education, Child Psychology, or closely related field. An advanced degree or equivalent work experience in Early Childhood Development, Education, or related field
- At least 3-4 years working with teachers/staff in a licensed, regulated, or public-school childcare or educational program (graduate work may be substituted for 1 year)
- Pass a Family Care and Safety Registry Screening
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Ability to retain a minimum of liability vehicle insurance
- Experience and skill working with diverse populations
- Successful implementation of trauma informed strategies
- Conscientious use of justice, equity, and inclusion lens when working with self and others
- Successful at working in multiple teams simultaneously
- Ability to work some weekends and nights
- Ability to travel throughout the state
Perks and Benefits
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401 (K) contribution
- Short-term and long-term disability
- PTO (PAID TIME OFF)
- Flexible Schedule
- Hybrid work environment
- Ask about our other benefits
United 4 Children is an equal opportunity employer. United 4 children does not discriminate in employment with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service or any other characteristic protected by law. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all qualified persons. Those applicants requiring accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should contact a management representative.