Title: Education Specialist
Reports To: Education Manager
Salary Range: $47,000-$60,000 dependent on experience, with opportunities for advancement
About United 4 Children
United 4 Children (U4C) makes children a priority. By providing children with healthy meals, creating safe places to
learn and play, and providing social-emotional and inclusive services for children with special needs or challenging
behaviors – United 4 Children ensures every child has the foundation to thrive. U4C offers high-quality support
programs serving children up to 13 so that families can feel at ease knowing their children, regardless of ability, are
receiving the best care possible and have every opportunity to succeed.
United 4 Children’s Values
At United 4 Children, it is expected that we center our common values in the work that we do individually and
together. We hold each other accountable to live out these values in our work and celebrate with each other as we
demonstrate the following:
• Community – We put the needs and desires of children, families, and caregivers at the center of our
work. We partner with schools and fellow nonprofit organizations to create excellent educational and
developmental opportunities for every child in the region.
• Trust – For the last 50 years, we have been honest and earnest in all our interactions. We strive to
readily meet community needs particularly where other resources do not exist.
• Equity – We seek to understand the disparities facing children, families, and childcare providers. We
ensure everyone has access to the resources needed to thrive.
• Empathy – We strive to understand the unique experiences of every person we encounter. We
respect each person’s journey and seek to support everyone’s specific needs.
What You Will Do
• Develop research- and evidence-based professional development sessions for educators, families,
and the community.
• Ensure to add variety to the training sessions to account for the many ways in which a participant
learns new information. This will enable trainings to be an effective and engaging experience for all
• Develop training and receive state approval of training in both in-person and virtual methods.
• Schedule and conduct research- and evidence-based professional development classes, sessions,
and programs for educators, families, and the community.
• Travel to a variety of locations may be needed when performing trainings.
• Assist manager in maintaining a robust professional development catalog for U4C, while using staterequired platforms for approval and maintenance.
• Document all events with the public conducted within the Education Department in the United 4
Children Database. (i.e.: site visits, training, etc.
• Assist in answering provider questions regarding upcoming training.
• Assist in signing up providers for training in the United 4 Children database.
• Answer all education and training-related questions with providers and United 4 Children
• Assist in the development and support an annual agency professional development plan for
• Read and familiarize yourself with the work plan and contracts within the agency to ensure that you
are aware of the responsibilities of the Education Department in meeting deliverables.
• Collaborate with the Education Manager and internal teams to ensure education and training
deliverables are met.
• Collaborate with internal teams to support classroom integration of skills providers learned in
• Complete required agency reporting on time and accurately.
• Actively participate in required meetings and personal professional development.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills We Are Looking For
• A minimum of an associate degree and a bachelor’s degree is preferred with an emphasis of Early
Childhood, Education, Special Education, Child Psychology, or a related field.
• Equivalent work experience in Early Childhood, Early Childhood Special Education, Child
Development, Elementary Education, Child Psychology, or a closely related field will also be accepted.
• At least 2 years working with teachers/staff in a licensed, regulated, or public-school childcare or
• At least 1-3 years of training and/or mentoring experience in the Early Childhood Field.
• Pass a Family Care and Safety Registry Screening.
• Authorized to work in the United States.
• Ability to retain a minimum of liability vehicle insurance.
• Experience and skill working with diverse populations.
• Successful implementation of trauma-informed strategies
• Conscientious use of justice, equity, and inclusion lens when working with self and others.
• Successful at working in multiple teams simultaneously.
• Ability to multi-task several projects in your daily work schedule.
• Ability to meet deadlines assigned by your supervisor.
• Ability to work some weekends and nights in order to complete trainings in the community.
Perks and Benefits
• Health insurance: employer contribution of 80%
• Portion of dental insurance covered
• Employer paid 401 (K) contribution: 3% of gross salary
• Employer paid Basic Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance with a
coverage of $50,000
• PTO (PAID TIME OFF): starting at 20 days (about 4 weeks) annually
• Paid holidays: 13 days (about 2 weeks)
• Annual merit-based incentives
• Monthly phone stipend
• Mileage reimbursement at .655 per mile
• Flexible Schedule
• Hybrid work environment
• Employee Assistance Program
• Ask about our other benefits
United 4 Children is an equal-opportunity employer. United 4 Children does not discriminate in employment with regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual
orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status, or unfavorable discharge from military service or
any other characteristic protected by law. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all
qualified persons. Those applicants requiring an accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process
should contact a management representative.