Title: Education Specialist Lead
Reports To: Education Manager
Salary Range: $45,000-$55,000 dependent on experience, with opportunities for advancement
To Apply: Apply online at our hiring site: united-4-children.prismhr-hire.com/job/604980/education-specialist-lead
About United 4 Children
United 4 Children (U4C) makes children a priority. By providing children with healthy meals, creating safe places to
learn and play, and providing social-emotional and inclusive services for children with special needs or challenging
behaviors – United 4 Children ensures every child has the foundation to thrive. U4C offers high-quality support
programs serving children up to 13 so that families can feel at ease knowing their children, regardless of ability, are
receiving the best care possible and have every opportunity to succeed.
United 4 Children’s Values
At United 4 Children, it is expected that we center our common values in the work that we do individually and
together. We hold each other accountable to live out these values in our work and celebrate with each other as we
demonstrate the following:
• Community – We put the needs and desires of children, families, and caregivers at the center of our work.
We partner with schools and fellow nonprofit organizations to create excellent educational and
developmental opportunities for every child in the region.
• Trust – For the last 50 years, we have been honest and earnest in all our interactions. We strive to readily
meet community needs particularly where other resources do not exist.
• Equity – We seek to understand the disparities facing children, families, and childcare providers. We ensure
everyone has access to the resources needed to thrive.
• Empathy – We strive to understand the unique experiences of every person we encounter. We respect each
person’s journey and seek to support everyone’s specific needs.
What You Will Do
• This position will assume the Education Manager Responsibilities in their absence.
• Be willing to go through Professional Development Specialist for the CDA (Child Development Association)
process for the following: Infant/Toddler, Pre-K, and Family Child Care.
• This individual will take the lead in ensuring all training courses have been scheduled on the calendar and
are updated via the databases at United 4 Children.
• Maintain a list of available training that can be performed by United 4 Children staff.
• This individual will take the lead in ordering monthly supplies for the Education Department.
• Develop, schedule, and conduct research- and evidence-based professional development sessions for
educators, families, and the community.
• Ensure to add variety to the training sessions to account for the many ways in which a participant learns
new information. This will enable trainings to be an effective and engaging experience for all participants.
• Develop and submit training in order to receive state approval of training in both in-person and virtual
• Travel to a variety of locations may be needed when performing training.
• Conduct in person and virtual training.
• Assist manager in maintaining a robust professional development catalog for U4C, while using state
required platforms for approval and maintenance.
• Document all events with the public conducted within the Education Department in the United 4 Children
Database. (i.e.: site visits, training, etc.)
• Assist in signing up providers for training in the United 4 Children database.
• Answer all education and training related questions with providers and United 4 Children department staff.
• Assist in development and support an annual agency professional development plan for providers.
• Read and familiarize yourself with the work plan and contracts within the agency to ensure that you are
aware of the responsibilities of the Education Department in meeting deliverables.
• Collaborate with the Education Manager and internal teams to ensure education and training deliverables
• Collaborate with internal teams to support classroom integration of skills providers learned in professional
• Complete required agency reporting on time and accurately.
• Actively participate in required meetings and personal professional development.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills We Are Looking For
• A minimum of an associate degree.
• At least 3-5 years working with teachers/staff in a licensed, regulated, or public-school childcare or
education in Early Childhood, Education, Special Education, Child Psychology, or a related field.
• At least 3-5 years of training and/or mentoring experience in the Early Childhood Field.
• Pass a Family Care and Safety Registry Screening.
• Authorized to work in the United States.
• Ability to retain a minimum of liability vehicle insurance.
• Experience and skill working with diverse populations.
• Successful implementation of trauma informed strategies.
• Conscientious use of justice, equity, and inclusion lens when working with self and others.
• Successful at working in multiple teams simultaneously.
• Ability to multi-task several projects in your daily work schedule.
• Ability to meet deadlines assigned by your supervisor.
• Ability to perform trainings in person and virtually.
• Ability to work some weekends and nights in order to complete trainings in the community.
Perks and Benefits
• Health, dental and vision insurance
• 401 (K) contribution
• Short-term and long-term disability
• PTO (PAID TIME OFF)
• Flexible Schedule
• Hybrid work environment
• Ask about our other benefits
United 4 Children is an equal-opportunity employer. United 4 Children does not discriminate in employment with regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual
orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service or
any other characteristic protected by law. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all
qualified persons. Those applicants requiring an accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process
should contact a management representative.