Title: Education Manager
Reports To: Deputy Director
Salary Range: $50,000-$65,000 dependent on experience, with opportunities to grow over time and with proven success.
To Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to Anita Stover at email@example.com.
About United 4 Children
United 4 Children (U4C) makes children a priority. By providing children with healthy meals, creating safe places to learn and play, and providing social-emotional and inclusive services for children with special needs or challenging behaviors – United 4 Children ensures every child has the foundation to thrive. U4C offers high-quality support programs serving children up to 13 so that families can feel at ease knowing their children, regardless of ability, are receiving the best care possible and have every opportunity to succeed.
United 4 Children’s Values
At United 4 Children, it is expected that we center our common values in the work that we do individually and together. We hold each other accountable to live out these values in our work and celebrate with each other as we demonstrate the following:
• Community – We put the needs and desires of children, families, and caregivers at the center of our work. We partner with schools and fellow nonprofit organizations to create excellent educational and developmental opportunities for every child in the region.
• Trust – For the last 50 years, we have been honest and earnest in all our interactions. We strive to readily meet community needs particularly where other resources do not exist.
• Equity – We seek to understand the disparities facing children, families, and childcare providers. We ensure everyone has access to the resources needed to thrive.
• Empathy – We strive to understand the unique experiences of every person we encounter. We respect each person’s journey and seek to support everyone’s specific needs.
What You Will Do
• Develop, implement, and be accountable for achievement of Education team plans based on agency outcomes
• Serve as the liaison between the Education team and other agency teams
• Embed the agency core values, human resource policies, and general agency culture within the team’s work and everyday interactions
• Supervise and coach team members to accomplish individual goals, collective team goals, and effectively manage the team to successfully achieve its outcomes
• Manage the Education team budget, make large program purchases, and approve team expenditures
• Develop, in collaboration with team members, evidence- and research-based professional development sessions for educators, families, and the community
• Maintain a robust professional development catalog for U4C, while using state required platforms for approval and maintenance, i.e. topics of inclusion, social emotional growth, business practices, and more
• Develop and ensure the team implements an annual professional development plan for providers
• Schedule and ensure the team implements professional development classes, sessions, and programs for educators, families, and the community at large
• Conduct regular supervision meetings with Coaching Team to ensure individual, departmental, and interagency team goals are met.
• Collaborate with internal teams to support classroom integration of skills providers learned during professional development opportunities
• Complete required agency reporting on time and accurately
• Participate in required meetings and personal professional development
• Other duties as assigned
Skills We Are Looking For
• A minimum of a BS or equivalent work experience in Early Childhood, Early Childhood Special Education, Child Development, Elementary Education, Child Psychology, or closely related field. An advanced degree or equivalent work experience in Early Childhood Development, Education, or related field preferred
• At least 3-4 years working with teachers/staff in a licensed, regulated, or public-school childcare or educational program (graduate work may be substituted for 1 year)
• Pass a Family Care and Safety Registry Screening
• Authorized to work in the United States
• Ability to retain a minimum of liability vehicle insurance
• Experience and skill working with diverse populations
• Successful implementation of trauma informed strategies
• Conscientious use of justice, equity, and inclusion lens when working with self and others
• Successful at working in multiple teams simultaneously
• Ability to effectively delegate tasks
• Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects
• Ability to communicate in a clear and effective manner
• Ability to work some weekends and nights
Perks and Benefits
• Health, dental and vision insurance
• 401 (K) contribution
• Short-term and long-term disability
• PTO (PAID TIME OFF)
• Flexible Schedule
• Hybrid work environment
• Ask about our other benefits
United 4 Children is an equal opportunity employer. United 4 children does not discriminate in employment with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service or any other characteristic protected by law. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all qualified persons. Those applicants requiring accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should contact a management representative.