Job Title: Teacher
Program: Early Childhood Learning Center
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Under the general direction of the Early Childhood Director, the Early Childhood Teacher coordinates and manages implementation of classroom curriculum and progress monitoring practices to provide high quality early childhood education at United 4 Children’s Early Childhood Learning Center in the Normandy footprint area.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director of Early Childhood Learning Center
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Technology: Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Familiar and comfortable with the use of technology to communicate, including email, cell phone, voice mail, and text messaging.
- Communication Skills: Must possess good verbal and written language skills; have experience communicating and developing supportive relationships with a diverse group; must be able to craft email and documents with correct grammar, punctuation and spelling. Must maintain consistent communication with parents regarding the child’s progress and address any parental concerns appropriately. Communicate the program’s goals effectively to parents and community members
- Organization and Initiative: Must be able to organize and balance complex work demands. Must be comfortable with taking on new tasks and showing initiative to take on new tasks. Must complete all reporting requirements in a timely manner. Must be able to support the program’s in-home visiting program as needed.
- Lesson Planning/Classroom Management: Must be able to plan and develop developmentally appropriate activities to be implemented in the classroom; develop activities to address individual student needs; maintain classroom management systems; implement high quality early childhood instructional practices.
- Assessment Skills: Must participate in classroom evaluation and improvement rating scales; utilize the Ages and Stages Questionnaires and portfolio assessments to monitor student progress.
- Professional Development/Collaboration: Engages in collaborative professional development with others, participates in group planning in a professional manner, attends staff meetings and professional development opportunities regularly.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Education: Have a minimum of Child Development Associate credentials
- Experience: 3 years of experience working with children in a childcare setting preferred
LICENSE, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS:
- CPR and First Aid certification
- Valid driver’s license and required level of insurance
- Pass background check and fingerprinting
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL SKILLS:
- Must be able to move about the classroom unobtrusively
- Must be able to frequently lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to kneel/sit on floor and return to a standing position without assistance
- Must be able to provide physical assistance to children on playground equipment
- Must have recent medical physical and pass TB test
- Early childhood preschool classroom and playground area
- Child care family homes
United 4 Children is an equal opportunity employer.
Reasonable accommodation will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to Gail Wulff at email@example.com