In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, St. Louis County gathered a team of experts to craft the region’s strategy. At the direction of the COVID-19 Regional Response Team, led by Dr. Jason Purnell, United 4 Children has been requested to oversee childcare for the region.
As the lead agency for Childcare support during the COVID-19 pandemic, we are supporting the region in three essential categories: Care Coordination, Basic Need Coordination and Child Specific Consultation.
Each of these areas are designed to support the whole child regardless if care is taking place at home or in a child care setting. United 4 Children’s services area available to caregivers and families across the St. Louis Metro Region.
As essential businesses will remain open during the COVID-19 crisis, the children of first responders will need a safe place to be during work hours.
Child Care Aware of Missouri is serving as the lead organization in providing child care referrals. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the toll-free number at 866-892-3228. United 4 Children’s team is offering virtual and coaching support to childcare staff. If you would like support, email email@example.com
Basic Needs Form
In this time of crisis, childcare providers may lose access to items critical to basic needs. This includes but is not limited to: food, diapers, health and hygiene supplies. We are working together with multiple agencies to identify basic needs for centers and families. Please let us know what your needs are so that we can help the suppliers understand childcare specific needs for coordination. If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Child Specific Consultation
Life is changing drastically and children are in the midst of the chaos. United 4 Children is here to help children thrive. Using a strengths-based approach, we can provide expert coaching to support the child’s health and well-being. The process is as follows: Contact United 4 Children by the region HERE or fill out the google form below, and our team will customize a specific plan and match the family or child with expert coaching with 30 minute sessions.
To locate your nearest federally-qualified health center, please visit Find a Healthcare Center
St. Louis County Health Line | 314-615-2660
St. Louis City Health Department Line | 314-612-5100
Guidance for Childcare Settings
(With regard to the May 8 order for St. Louis County, childcare facilities are responsible for complying with Section III.4 but not Section III.5)
St. Louis County Stay at Home Order
Subsidy Childcare Payments
Childcare and Education Reopening Guidelines
BASIC NEEDS RESOURCES
- View Operation Food Source Distribution List
- Snopes – Free Case of Baby Formula
- Need Help Paying Bills – Free Baby Formula
- Missouri expands food stamp program in response to coronavirus
- Charter/Spectrum is offering 2 months of free internet to support Academic Learning for families. Call (844) 488-8395 for more information. Also, please note that if there is an outstanding bill, the free internet is not an option.
- TLC for Kids provides staffing for childcare programs around the region, as well as in-home care. Contact Angela at email@example.com or by calling 314-725-5560
- If you lost your income or health insurance due to COVID-19, you might qualify for help. FSD Benefit Flyer
- SNAP Outreach
- Spire has coronavirus assistance for our residential and small business customers. Eligible residential customers will receive a $100 pledge on their Spire bill. Eligible small business customers will receive a $200 pledge on their Spire bill. To apply go to SpireEnergy.com/Relief
- St. Louis COVID-19 Mutual Aid Support
TAKING CARE OF YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN
Education and Learning at Home
Social Emotional Learning at Home
Supporting Children with Disabilities
Daily Schedule (Consistency promotes a sense of safety)
Phone: (314) 531-1412
Toll-Free: (800) 467-2322
Fax: (314) 531-4184
1310 Papin Street
Saint Louis, MO 63103