Title: Coaching Specialist
Reports To: Coaching Manager
Salary Range: $40,000-$43,000 dependent on experience, with opportunities for advancement
About United 4 Children
United 4 Children (U4C) makes children a priority. By providing children with healthy meals, creating safe places to learn and play, and providing social-emotional and inclusive services for children with special needs or challenging behaviors – United 4 Children ensures every child has the foundation to thrive. U4C offers high-quality support programs serving children up to 13 so that families can feel at ease knowing their children, regardless of ability, are receiving the best care possible and have every opportunity to succeed.
United 4 Children’s Values
At United 4 Children, it is expected that we center our common values in the work that we do individually and together. We hold each other accountable to live out these values in our work and celebrate with each other as we demonstrate the following:
• Community – We put the needs and desires of children, families, and caregivers at the center of our work. We partner with schools and fellow nonprofit organizations to create excellent educational and developmental opportunities for every child in the region.
• Trust – For the last 50 years, we have been honest and earnest in all our interactions. We strive to readily meet community needs particularly where other resources do not exist.
• Equity – We seek to understand the disparities facing children, families, and childcare providers. We ensure everyone has access to the resources needed to thrive.
• Empathy – We strive to understand the unique experiences of every person we encounter. We respect each person’s journey and seek to support everyone’s specific needs.
What You Will Do
• Coach business owners who are actively applying for licensing, accreditation, or CACFP enrollment through the process to build their capacity to provide high-quality early childhood education, experience, and nutrition to children
• Coach and observe individual educators and providers to implement resources, strategies, and knowledge to provide high quality education and experience to children
• Collaborate with internal teams to support educators and business owners to implement skills learned through professional development and growth areas identified through evaluations
• Conduct visits with educators and providers to promote implementation of the nutrition program and provide coaching as needed
• Provide materials and annual review of packet updates with educators
• Collaborate with Evaluation team to conduct end of month mailings, process Accutrak claims, and maintain client files
• Complete required agency reporting on time and accurately
• Actively participate in required meetings and personal professional development opportunities
• Other duties as assigned
Skills We Are Looking For
• Minimum of a 4-year degree or equivalent work experience in Early Childhood Education, Early Childhood Special Education, Family or Child Development, Elementary Education, Psychology, Social Services, or other related field
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience working with children or teachers/staff of a childcare and early learning program
• Pass a Family Care and Safety Registry Screening
• Authorized to work in the United States
• Ability to retain a minimum of liability vehicle insurance
• Experience and skill working with diverse populations
• Successful implementation of trauma informed strategies
• Conscientious use of justice, equity, and inclusion lens when working with self and others
• Successful at working in multiple teams simultaneously
• Ability to work some weekends and nights
Perks and Benefits
• Health, dental and vision insurance
• 401 (K) contribution
• Short-term and long-term disability
• PTO (PAID TIME OFF)
• Flexible Schedule
• Hybrid work environment
• Ask about our other benefits
To Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to Anita Stover at email@example.com.
United 4 Children is an equal opportunity employer. United 4 children does not discriminate in employment with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service or any other characteristic protected by law. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all qualified persons. Those applicants requiring accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should contact a management representative.
Click to download the Coaching Specialist Job Description.