If you’re an early childhood provider, check out the announcements and opportunties below:
- Did you miss the recent update on the Missouri Child Care Relief Funds for Non-Traditional Care and Paycheck Protection Program? You can watch the state’s webinar to catch up on what you missed here. A couple of key highlights: Non-Traditional Care is applicable for childcare providers who served children during non-traditional hours between July 1, 2021 and July 31, 2021. The deadline to apply is Sept. 30, 2021. Paycheck Protection Program is available for childcare providers with applicable costs between Jan. 1, 2021 and June 30, 2021. The deadline to apply for that program is Oct. 31, 2021.
- United 4 Children, with help from community partners, will honor an educator each month during the St. Louis Regional Hub Planning Process! Every honoree will be highlighted on United 4 Children’s website and social media and will receive a monetary gift as well as a gift aimed at promoting their well-being. To nominate an educator for this educator of the month recognition, email Elisa Zieg at email@example.com.
- United 4 Children’s annual Lighting the Way Gala is Sept. 9! We offer a reduced ticket price for community partners and early childhood educators. This year, you can join either virtually or in person at Third Degree Glass Factory. Our official program will include an award ceremony, silent auction, and connection to United 4 Children’s mission. Get your tickets here.
- United 4 Children’s 2021 Fall Conference will focus on understanding the importance of children’s social emotional wellbeing. Our clock-hour approved training sessions will give you the skills you need to support children in the areas of social emotional language, trauma, and stress. Mark your calendars: Oct. 2-9. Registration is opening soon! Check out our Fall Conference webpage here for more details.
- PBS is making a limited number of KIDS STEAM kits available by Sept. 1. The kit provides an opportunity for grownups and kids to explore Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math (STEAM) skills together. Each week, you open a new STEAM packet from the kit, and together work on an activity. If you are interested in getting PBS KIDS STEAM kits for you or the families you serve, email Alex Stalling at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the number of kits you need.
- The Gateway Early Childhood Alliance (The Alliance) recently announced the hiring of Katie Rahn as Executive Director. Katie is no stranger to the early childhood system in St. Louis, and brings almost 20 years of experience in the early childhood care and education field as a classroom teacher, center administrator, and college instructor to the executive director position. As executive director of The Alliance, Katie will work closely with the Steering Committee to set agendas, determine goals, and hire the requisite staff needed to fulfill their mission.