Title: Advancement Director
Reports To: Executive Director
Salary Range: $65,000-$90,000 dependent on experience, with opportunities for advancement
To Apply: Plese send a cover letter and resume to Operations and Wellbeing Director Krysta Grangeno at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled.
About United 4 Children
United 4 Children (U4C) makes children a priority. By providing children with healthy meals, creating safe places to learn and play, and providing social-emotional and inclusive services for children with special needs or challenging behaviors – United 4 Children ensures every child has the foundation to thrive. U4C offers high-quality support programs serving children up to 13 so that families can feel at ease knowing their children, regardless of ability, are receiving the best care possible and have every opportunity to succeed.
United 4 Children’s Values
At United 4 Children, it is expected that we center our common values in the work that we do individually and together. We hold each other accountable to live out these values in our work and celebrate with each other as we demonstrate the following:
- Community – We put the needs and desires of children, families, and caregivers at the center of our work. We partner with schools and fellow nonprofit organizations to create excellent educational and developmental opportunities for every child in the region.
- Trust – For the last 50 years, we have been honest and earnest in all our interactions. We strive to readily meet community needs particularly where other resources do not exist.
- Equity – We seek to understand the disparities facing children, families, and childcare providers. We ensure everyone has access to the resources needed to thrive.
- Empathy – We strive to understand the unique experiences of every person we encounter. We respect each person’s journey and seek to support everyone’s specific needs.
What You Will Do
- Actively work with the ED and senior staff to develop and implement a comprehensive development strategy to include corporate giving, and foundation and government grants, etc.
- Design the development strategy with the Leadership and Advancement team to identify funds needed, preferred funding targets, and strategies.
- Build a robust donor base by developing and maintaining key long-term relationships with donors and prospects and connecting key staff when needed.
- Train and mentor Advancement staff and clearly communicate fundraising goals to achieve goals set in the annual development plan.
- Oversee research on funding sources and trends, with foresight, to position U4C ahead of major funding changes or trends.
- Develop and implement a strong grant writing system, ensuring successful cross-collaboration of departments resulting in timely grant submissions and reporting.
- Develop, in collaboration with the Advancement Team, and implement a stewardship program aimed at cultivating deeper relationships with donors while building a culture of philanthropy across the organization and its board.
- Monitor all donor information; provide and present statistical analysis to board and senior leaders to include monthly reports on donation deposits, events, annual fund performance, metrics, and statistics on time and accurately.
- Actively participate in required meetings and in personal professional development.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills We Are Looking For
- 5-plus years of professional experience in a nonprofit organization; demonstrated success in a development function (managing and forging relationships with multiple donor sources)
- Tangible experience of having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships over time
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
- Strong organizational skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with fundraising database software and ability to analyze detailed data are strongly desired.
- Pass a Family Care and Safety Registry Screening
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Ability to retain a minimum of liability vehicle insurance
- Experience and skill working with diverse populations
- Successful implementation of trauma informed strategies
- Conscientious use of justice, equity, and inclusion lens when working with self and others
- Successful at working in multiple teams simultaneously
- Ability to work some weekends and nights
Perks and Benefits
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401 (K) contribution
- Short-term and long-term disability
- PTO (PAID TIME OFF)
- Flexible Schedule
- Hybrid work environment
- Ask about our other benefits
United 4 Children is an equal opportunity employer. United 4 children does not discriminate in employment with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service or any other characteristic protected by law. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all qualified persons. Those applicants requiring accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should contact a management representative.