Job Title: Accountant
Reports To: Finance & Operations Director
Summary: Provide professional assistance in a variety of financial office functions
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate monthly financial statements
- Assist with preparation of various grant reports and budgets
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Reconcile general ledger accounts
- Process accounts payable invoices, allocating and coding appropriately
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Process cash receipts
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Education and Experience: Minimum of Associate’s degree in accounting, and two years of experience in accounting field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Non-profit accounting experience preferred
QuickBooks experience a must
Microsoft Office experience a must
- Language and Communication Skills: Must possess good verbal and written language skills; ability to work and communicate with management staff regarding accounts payable and appropriate coding.
- Physical Requirements: Able to work in a general office environment. Some walking and bending is required. Minimal lifting is required.
- Travel: Travel is primarily between home and office. Must have reliable personal transportation, a valid Missouri or Illinois driver’s license and automobile insurance carrying the required level of coverage.
Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.