Inclusion and Quality Assurance Specialist – State of Missouri Inclusion Services – Western Region (Kansas City)
The Inclusion and QA Specialist works with families of children ages birth to 12 with special needs or challenging behavior to secure quality child care that meets the needs of the child and family, and with child care professionals to build and enhance their ability to include children of all abilities in child care settings. This individual:
- Uses a database of licensed providers to help families start their child care search.
- Develops, schedules and delivers training on a range of topics related to including children with special needs and challenging behavior
- With permission from a child’s family, provides on-site child-specific observations and technical assistance to programs.
- Supports the quality of state-wide inclusion services by
- Collecting and reporting follow-up data on all child care referral calls.
- Developing new training as needed, and training other Inclusion Specialists on new training.
- Supporting other Inclusion Specialists with training development and reporting
- Assisting the Director of Inclusion Services in preparing annual State Contract Monitoring reporting.
Requirements include a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field, and at least four years’ direct experience supporting children of all abilities in typical early childhood classroom settings, including children with challenging behavior. Must be able to speak well in public, develop and deliver training to diverse audiences, and build strength-based relationships with adults and children from diverse backgrounds. Must be competent to independently use Microsoft Office software, and to communicate electronically—including the internet, email, voicemail and text messaging.
Extensive travel in designated service delivery region is required; individuals must have reliable transportation with valid driver’s license and appropriate level of automobile insurance. Counties to be served are: Platte, Clay, Jackson, Cass, Lafayette and Johnson
This is a full-time, exempt position, with benefits. Send letter of inquiry and resume to: Lisa Eberle-Mayse, United 4 Children, 1310 Papin Street, St. Louis, MO 63103 ATTN: Inclusion Specialist or email to eberlemayseL@united4children.org