United 4 Children is looking to fill an important role on our Board of Directors: Treasurer/Finance Committee Chair.
The Treasurer should have the personal commitment to devote the time necessary to perform the responsibilities of Treasurer.
- The Treasurer also fills the role of Finance Committee Chair. The Finance Committee meets every other month.
- The Treasurer sits on the Executive Committee.
Knowledge – Thorough understanding of nonprofit financial terminology, financial reports and compliance requirements.
Communications – Able to translate financial information and financial concepts for the board. Interpret and translate the board’s questions, goals, or concerns about the financial information or financial situation to the staff.
Planning – Partner with the staff leadership to develop a useful budget. Prepare for budget discussions and convey budget information to the board. Ensure that budget priorities and decisions reflect the intentions and objectives of the board.
Strategy – Find the financial options and decisions needed for longer term goals and initiate discussions to connect finance and mission.
Role and Responsibilities
- Serving as the principal liaison between the committee and the full board.
- Working with the staff leader to set an agenda for each committee meeting.
- Maintain knowledge of the organization and personal commitment to its goals and objectives.
- Understand financial accounting for nonprofit organizations.
- Manage, with the finance committee, the board’s review of and action related to the board’s financial responsibilities.
- Work with the chief executive and the chief financial officer to ensure that appropriate financial reports are made available to the board on a timely basis .
- Present the annual budget to the board for approval.
- Review the annual audit and answer board members’ questions about the audit.
- Ensures development and board review of financial policies and procedures.
- Ensures the Board’s financial policies are being followed.
- Keeps currently informed of legal, regulatory and sector developments relating to the Board’s financial responsibilities.
Please submit a bio and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.