United 4 Children is excited to announce a project we will be starting in the 63137 and 63138 zip codes. The focus of the project is to foster social-emotional competency/skills for all young children. The project is grant funded so is completely FREE to you and has much to offer in support of your program. We are looking for programs that have a good standing with licensing, general stability of the current staff, operating in 63137 & 63138 zip codes and have a minimum of 5 children enrolled in selected classrooms.
- 4 clock training hours held at your site for all staff members to discuss the importance of relationships and strategies to build relationships with children, co-workers and families. (Schedule will be set with the program but must occur between May 13 and June 14, 2019)
- Administration of Ages and Stages Questionnaire: Social-Emotional (ASQ:SE2) to all children enrolled in one selected classroom at the beginning of the project. U4C staff will assist teachers in scoring the screenings and verify accuracy of scoring. ASQ-SE2 completion of children if they leave the classroom/program or at the end of the project year.
- The selected classroom will have a Relationship Checklist completed at the beginning and end of the project.
- Selected classroom will create goals on a classroom action plan to address relationships strategies (using some of the information collected on the Relationship Checklists)
- Three on-site observation/consultation visits to facilitate implementation of plans and support teachers through challenges that arise. Progress towards goals will be made in between visits with sessions focusing on coaching specific strategies, observation for specific children, etc.
- The selected classroom will receive 3 classroom kits with materials to support relationship building with the children.
We would love to talk to you about this project and see how this can benefit your program. We will follow up with you by phone but please feel free to contact one of the program consultants anytime at 314-531-1412 or email any of us. You can apply by clicking the button below. The deadline for enrollment is May 3, 2019. We look forward to talking with you soon!