The likelihood of a child to experiment with crime, drugs and alcohol increases 50% during the peak hours of 3-6 pm, and more than 25% of school age children are on their own after school.
Not only are children safer when in afterschool programs, regular participation in high-quality after school programs is linked to reduced behavioral challenges, significant gains in academic achievement, and improved work habits.
Road to Quality’s goal is to grow high quality after school programming that improves each child’s educational experience in a holistic manner. It is designed to keep youth in school, safe and engaged. The program includes:
- Increased staff knowledge of youth development and skills around behavioral and emotional health
- Conflict resolution skills for youth
- Program quality improvement
- Improved teacher – youth interaction
Our yearlong service model includes:
- Afterschool Professional Cohort
- One on One Coaching
- Quality Improvements Grants
For additional information regarding the R2Q program contact.
Director of Career Development & Road to Quality
314-531-1412 ext. 49