United 4 Children is currently accepting applications for an Assistant Early Childhood Specialist.
Job Title: Assistant Early Childhood Specialist
Reports To: Director of Programs Achieving Quality (PAQ) Services
January 1, 2019 Start
Under the general direction of the Director of PAQ Services: serves as first contact for the PAQ project, completes project data collection and reporting, creates and provides agency and project training, provides classroom coaching on best Early Childhood practices and licensing, works closely with a team of other Early Childhood Specialists.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Represents U4C in the community in a professional manner.
Participates in agency committees, events, staff meetings, and community partner meetings.
Serves as the first contact for the PAQ project.
Completes all assigned project reporting and data collection in timely fashion.
Assists with program events, includes some Saturdays.
Implements program and project scope of work in collaboration with team members while striving for a shared vision.
Provides guidance to early childhood programs with the 5 Strengthening Families Protective Factors, the Teaching Pyramid Observation Tool, Teaching Pyramid Infant–Toddler Observation Scale, and the Environmental Rating Scale Assessments
Creates and provides training and coaching for EC center classroom teachers and for the agency as needed.
Provides on-site coaching and modeling of best early childhood classroom practices and assistance with developing/implementing quality action plans and with preparation for licensing and accreditation.
Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must be technologically literate, including Microsoft Office and Google drive. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates degree in Early Childhood, Child Development or field related to early care and education, minimum of five years experience working with children in a child care setting, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Very strong oral communication skills with respectful attitude toward diverse people and approaches.
- Ability to communicate thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely in written form to varying reading abilities.
- Must be able to maneuver through an early childhood classroom in such a way as to make unobtrusive observations and interact with children at their level.
- Standing during classroom observations and training sessions is required.
- Moderate lifting is required.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to travel to Louis city, county, surrounding counties plus various locations in Missouri, Illinois and attend regional and national meetings and conferences.
- Must have Missouri or Illinois driver’s license and automobile insurance carrying the required level of liability insurance.
To apply for this position please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
U4C is an equal opportunity employer.