Job Title: Early Childhood Consultant
Program: Quality & Professional Development Services
Reports To: Assistant Executive Director
Under the general direction of the Assistant Executive Director coordinates and manages the implementation of Programs Achieving Quality (PAQ) goals and objectives to improve the quality of early childhood programs. Provides training and technical assistance services and works closely with funders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Recruits programs to participate in PAQ services.
Plans and facilitates PAQ trainings.
Provides on-site support and assistance with developing/implementing quality action plans.
Provides guidance to programs with Environmental Rating Scale Assessments.
Attends regular meetings with partners and others on behalf of U4C.
Completes reporting on accomplishments on services provided to programs.
Represents U4C in the community in a professional manner.
Participates in agency committees, events, staff meetings.
Implements program and project scope of work with supervisor(s), key staff and funders, as needed, including staff training, budgeting and reporting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must possess training experience and be technologically literate. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelors degree in Early Childhood, Child Development or field related to early care and education, three to five years experience working with children in a child care setting, knowledge of adult education; experience presenting training and willingness to prefect the craft, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Very strong oral communication skills with respectful attitude toward diverse people and approaches.
- Ability to communicate thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely in written form to varying reading abilities
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to travel to St. Louis city, county, surrounding counties plus various locations in Missouri, Illinois and attend regional and national meetings and conferences.
- Must have Missouri or Illinois driver’s license and automobile insurance carrying the required level of liability insurance.
E-mail Resume and Cover Letter to Attn: Rose Anderson-Rice at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also mail info to Attn: Rose Anderson-Rice, United 4 Children, 12 N. Newstead, St. Louis, MO 63108.
U4C is an equal opportunity employer.